Making A Difference
Advocates make a difference. Learn how you can help …
There are different types of cancer advocates, and each requires support and training to be effective.
Legislativetop of the page
Work with Congress and other legislative bodies to pass laws which help fight cancer.
- Increase funding for the war on cancer
- Require that insurance companies cover cancer screening
- National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship
- One Voice Against Cancer (extensive list of member groups, each with its unique agenda and training)
Bring patient voices to the table
- Review protocols in cooperative oncology research
- Serve on local research review boards
- Work with the FDA Patient Consultant program
- FDA Cancer Drug Development Patient Consultant Program
- NCI’s CARRA (advocate program)
- Research Advocacy Network opportunity list
Awareness and fundraising
Raise general public awareness of cancer, fundraising to support research and organizations
Runs and other events
If you want to be an advocate and aren’t sure where to start, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll hook you up with an organization that fits your desire to help.